Make Hay while the Sun Shines!

Friday, October 10, 2008

Yesterday, while wandering my lively eyes through the faded pages of my grandma's dusty copybook I've noticed a brilliant quote by an anonymous author:

Time is like a snow-flake. While you try to decide what to do with it, it melts on your nose.


That's a simple, clear saying which hides a deep truth.

You do affirm: “I have a long, beautiful life to live... I plan to marry an amazing man and nurture three kids, a lazy cat, a Pekingese and 2 talkative parrots... We will live in a big house with a rose garden...We'll have our own swimming pool and... ”
Thumbs up! Every one should set goals and have FUTURE
plans...
But how about NOW?

Just shake your brains with all your might and let your mind think of life's core. What if tomorrow never comes? - Damn it! You don't like this idea! No wonder! However, always remember, tomorrow is not promised!

By the way, has somebody read “This is Your Life, Not a Dress Rehearsal” by
Jim Donovan? That's an amazing book dedicated to those who aren't capable to value every second of
their existence, who die with their music still in them” (RALPH WALDO EMERSON).
I truly recommend this book to you, dear friends. You have nothing to lose but just an itty-bitty snow-flake.

In a nutshell, life is precious and very unpredictable. Don't hesitate to live it today! Have fun! Take time to stop and smell your neighbor's roses! Appreciate and love the persons who are close to you. Bring them smiles on face and joy in soul. Carpe diem! Seize the day and remember:


Yesterday is history

Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift

That's why it's called the present!

Jim Donovan


PS. I collect quotes from everywhere as others collect coins or postage stamps. From time to time I will "adorn" my blog with such phrases just to wake up your mind. For some instants of meditation...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love quotes to and usually find one that sums up my life at any given time..

XOXO said...

Yep! To my mind WISDOM is very important in our life. Thus, every time I give a toast to my friends I mention about WISDOM !
Often we make our life too complicated and tend to exaggerate...
Some quotes read or said at the right moment can solve certain misunderstandings and clear up our thoughts...