Time and only Time...

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Once upon a time there was an island where lived all human feelings: Wisdom, Love, Jealousy, Happiness, Sadness, Arrogance, Guilt, Fear, Grief, etc.

One fine day feelings heard that their island will soon sink. Island's natives were asked to immediately evacuate their lovely homes. No sooner said than done. Feelings wished Good Luck to each other, took their passports and embarked their ships.
Only Love decided to stay thus showing her deep love for her cherished nestle.
As it was predicted, Feelings' Island began to sink. Chaos... Fear was in panic... Sadness was crying... Love has realized that she has to survive as Hope wasn't nearby. Thus she started to desperately call for help:
-
Sadness, dear! Can you take me with you?
- Oh, Love, I am so sad that I need to be alone. I need privacy.

Wealth's luxurious ship passed by.
-
Wealth, please help me! I am drowning!
- Oh! Love, I am so sorry. But I can not take you in here. I have too much gold and silver in my ship. I don't have a place for you.

-
Vanity! Oh Vanity! Take me in your ship!
- Nope! You are wet but my boat is very gorgeous. I am afraid you will damage it.

Even
Happiness (Love's best friend) was so satisfied and joyful that she hadn't heard Love's despairing shrieks.

Tired and exhausted Love thought that was the end of her life. Suddenly - a strong grasp - and Bach! - Love felt a hand that pulled her onto a ship!
- Hey, Love, come here! I will take you with me!
Love felt so grateful but weak to say a word nor recognize her savior. She was left on a neighboring island while the courageous hero moved away to save other feelings.
Along came
Knowledge who respectfully waived at the stranger from the boat.

- Knowledge, who is that man?
-
Time...
- Time? He has saved me! Hmmm... But why namely Time? Not Vanity, Sadness, Wealth or even my best friend Happiness?
Knowledge, full of
Wisdom has answered the question:
Love! When all else fails, Time and only Time is capable to truly understand how important YOU are in life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh time heals all, and no matter what the emotion it too shall pass...

I liked your story and may save it for my daughter

XOXO said...

Agree! Time really works wonders with one's soul... Especially when it comes to overcoming grief and the loss of a close person...