Ouch! Mom's Daughters, But so Different...

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Czech vs Russia

I like to travel. No wonder I am a wicked Sagittarius!
I like to take pictures.
I love my country.
But my curiosity is piqued when it comes to other “distant territories”. Far away, I feel free, relaxed and happy... Truly free! No responsibilities! No work! No monotony!
Only new sensations! Over there I have fun, I meet new people and “collect” new moments for my life's album.

Recently I was in Prague, Czech Republic. It was the YMCA Europe Festival held between 3rd - 9th August, 2008.

The weather was excellent! Young men were joyful and my mood was extraordinary!

So, here we are in Prague! Where everything is POZOR! Wherever you go and turn around, at every corner – POZOR!

What does it mean?

As I fluently speak Russian it was amusing for me to find out that the Czech word POZOR” reminded me of the Russian word ПОЗОРwhich means DISGRACE.

Well, I have found its meaning in no time! It's all about ATTENTION”or “CAUTION
So what do we have? -
ATTENTION!and DISGRACE. 2 different meanings! The same spelling! The same root!

Ty vonaš!= You smell nice!Say it to a Czech lady and she'll present you with a sexy smile you'll never forget.
Say it to a Russian girl and get ready to get a sexy kick! She will understand it as:
Tы воняешь! which means You stink!

That was a note of “umor (Russian) = humor and “umor” (Czech) = repayment (as mortgage repayment)... The first variant is better in this case...

Great tricks! :))

And what's funny is that both languages have the same Mom, called Slavic. One daughter is christened West Slavic (Czech) and the another one - East Slavic (Russian).

The same Mom! Two sisters! But so different!

7 comments:

Marshmallow26 said...

Hi lady,

Really nice post..and good tricks!

So are you American-Russian?

BTW: I didn't find my blog link here!

XOXO said...

Marshmallow26, thx for comments...
Well, not American... But I spent some time in in Atlantic City, NJ, USA.

BTW: your blog link is here and it was... :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Xenia. It would be easier for readers like me to appreciate your blog if you had more information in your profile ... lots more information mmmm you seem so interesting, come on, take off a veil or two you wicked Sagittarius lol.

Unknown said...

Okay, spill the beans, how many languages do you speak. Okay I confess I am jealous but I struggle with learning new languages so i can't help but admire those who can :-)

Great post - I love the quirky side of life :-)

XOXO said...

To anonymous!

Thanks for kind recommendations and a sublime note of virtual flirting... lol

I will try to take off just one veil... or two...
Want some stripping? "You Can Leave Your Hat on"... lol

XOXO said...

Well, I don't like to be boastful!
Pardon for my attempt...

A "castrated" German, Italian, French... Much more Russian, Romanian and of course, English! NO MORE! But hope soon I will teach one more language...
Which one? Surprise!

Anonymous said...

Thankyou Xenia. No need for stripping or hats. One veil every so often will do just fine.