4 Candles

Monday, November 10, 2008

4 candles were burning in an empty room... It was a pleasant atmosphere... Warm... Silence... So soft that you could hear them talking:

- I am Peace. But today people are so angry, envious, violent... They've forgotten about my existence..., complained the 1st candle.

Gradually the flame diminished and ... went out.

- My name is Faith. People claim they live peacefully without me. I think there is no reason for me to burn. While saying that the 2nd candle went out, too.

- I am Love. I am so unhappy. People can't love anymore. They put me aside. They can't even love them-selves... - these were the last words spelled by Love (the 3rd candle). It went out.

At that moment a little girl came in. She saw those 3 unlit candles and said:

- Oh! Why aren't you burning? You have to burn! Disappointed the kid began to cry...

But the 4th candle spoke:

- No, no, no! Don't cry, little kid! Don't be afraid! As long as I burn you can relight the other candles. I am Hope!

Thus, happy and serene the child took the sparkling Hope in her hand and lighted Peace, Faith and Love!


Let the flame of Hope always burn in your soul... for you to live a life enriched with these 4 precious values!

2 comments:

diver said...

'Hope' is supposedly a Sagittarian quality. I'm curious. Do you think of yourself as a 'hopeful' sort of person? Do you think the 'flame of Hope' naturally burns in your soul?

XOXO said...

No doubts! It burns like a volcano! Well, sometimes it diminishes in intensity a little bit. Sagittariuses do also have ill mood and bad moments in their life.
But they are that sort of people who will skilfully overcome unpleasant situations; be that with the support of friends (we have a lot of them) or by turning our mind to other things, aims or occupations (we have gazillions)... Hope for us doesn't deal with Patience and too much Thinking... We make decisions quickly, spontaneously... and don't waste too much time in vain!

One more secret: fortune is always nearby,,,